We attended the Planning Awards 2018 at The Savoy in London last week, where Ingleside Birthing Unit was recognised for ‘Best Use of Publicly-Owned Land / Property in Placemaking.’
Our submission, made in partnership with Salford City Council, came second in the category and awarded Highly Commended at the most successful Planning Awards to date.
Working on behalf of partners Salford City Council, Salford Clinical Commissioning Group, Bolton NHS Trust and Seddons, Urban Vision designed and project managed the newly refurbished Ingleside Birth Unit and Community Centre.
Our technical teams project managed the refurbishment from start to finish, as well as delivering cost management, contract administration and building design works, working with Seddons as the principal contractor delivering the construction work.
The renovation works project managed by Urban Vision included:
- Patch repairs to the render of the external building
- Plaster repairs to the internal walls throughout the building
- Removal of all existing fittings, furniture and flooring
- Complete reroof
- All structural works (specifically rebuilding bay windows and installing new floors)
- Re-painting of the entire interior of the building
- New flooring throughout
- The installation of new doors
- The fitting of all new windows
- Layout and design of building
- All mechanical and electrical design
- Structural design
Congratulations to all involved with designing and implementing Salford’s only birthing unit!